Skip links and keyboard navigation

Tell us if you'll be away

Use this form to notify us when you are going away from your home. While you are away, you will need to continue to meet your tenancy responsibilities including paying your rent and making sure someone is checking on your home.

Your personal details


(e.g. 12/06/1971)



(You must provide at least one contact number)

Your address

If you cannot find your suburb by name, please enter your postcode. If there is no match, please contact your nearest Housing Service Centre

Your postal address

PO Box
Street address

Same as above


Please tell us the dates you will be away

If you are going away for more than 8 weeks you need to seek approval.




If you are going away for more than 8 weeks, the department will need to assess your request to be away from your home. You will also need to provide evidence of why you will be away.


You can attach the evidence to this form or contact your nearest Housing Service Centre to find out what evidence you will need to provide.

(Maximum file size: 10 MB. Preferred file types: PDF, Jpeg, GIF, TIFF)

  1. Files currently attached:

Your contact details during your absence

Details of a contact person to care for the property while you are away

Personal Information Privacy Notice

The Department of Housing is collecting your personal information so we may provide you with housing assistance. To assist you with your housing needs and services, your personal information may be disclosed to partner agencies, service providers, local governments and non-governmental agencies that now, or will, provide you with housing and/or support services. Unless authorised or required by law, your personal information will not be disclosed to any other third party without your consent. More information about the Department's privacy obligation is available on our website at


I confirm the information submitted is true and correct. I acknowledge that it is an offence under the Housing Act 2003 to knowingly give false or misleading information to the department that may influence decisions about the provision of housing services to me.


While the department will make every effort to provide assistance, completing this form does not guarantee that the department will be able to provide the assistance you require.


Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Australia (CC BY-ND 3.0)

Page feedback

Your privacy

Information collected through this form is used to improve this website.

Any information you submit that could identify you (e.g. name, email address) will be stored securely, and destroyed after we process your feedback.

  1. This page was
  2. We want this information to be the best it can be and we know we can’t do it without you. Let us know what you thought of this page and what other information you would like to see.

    We do not reply to feedback. Contact us if you need a response.

  3. Contact (optional)